People do Transition for all sorts of reasons:
- to get to know their neighbours;
- to feel like they are making a difference in the world;
- because the world’s huge challenges (climate change, social inequality, economic decline and so on) feel more manageable if addressed at the local scale (as one person put it, “Transition changed my relationship to the problems”);
- to catalyse all manner of new projects, enterprises and investment opportunities;
- to learn new skills;
- to feel like they are creating a new story for their place;
- to feel connected to other people and to something historic and exciting happening around them;
- because they feel it is “the right thing to do”.
See for yourself…
Some short videos in which people share why they ‘do’ Transition.