Transition LAUNCH is packed with imaginative ways to delve into the practice of Transition, showing you how to set up, run and grow a Transition initiative. It is also useful for people who have recently become involved in Transition and want to develop the essential skills and insights to help their Transition initiative become a success.
It has been delivered hundreds of times in over 35 countries worldwide, gathering and spreading the emerging, collective wisdom of the Transition movement.
The 2 day Launch Training
This training is ideal for you if are new to Transition and want to evaluate the model and practice to see if it’s for you. It’s also perfect if you are a member of a Transition group that is just beginning and want additional skills or abilities in the fundamentals of Transition. You will learn:
- How to communicate the reasons why we need to do Transition
- Tools for community engagement
- How to set up and run an Open Space event
- How to create and run a successful group and meetings
- How to use visioning and practical ways to embed vision in your project
- To deepen your personal Transition and resilience.
- Get a good working knowledge of how to apply the Transition model and process.
- Experience a personally deepening journey into the inner dimension of Transition.
- Meet other people involved in Transition initiatives and share experiences, difficulties and successes.
- Experience Transition during the training, as the training models and reflects the Transition movement.
This 2 day training is not ideal, if you:
- Feel confident in the skills necessary to undertake the early stages of Transition like Visioning, Awareness raising, holding community engagement processes like Open Space, and have a reasonable knowledge of creating effective groups (we also have a dedicated workshop and dvd on this subject <Link>.
- Are part of an established Transition group that is moving from the start-up phase into creating local resilience
- Are creating projects and community enterprises and are needing more ‘how to’ information on that aspect of Transition
- Wish to spend most of the course time deepening and exploring the inner side of Transition (we have created a bespoke Inner Transition workshop <Link>).
You will find a detailed course description here. <Link>
We also run an online version of Launch called Launch OnLine which enables you to get a very similar experience to our two day face-to-face training, without the time commitment and expense of travelling and attending a course. You can also do this course from anywhere in the world that you have an internet connection.
We aim to offer our trainings at the lowest possible cost, £100-£110 for the two days, because we recognise that most Transition folks are volunteering. If you can’t afford this, then perhaps others in your Transition group can make up the shortfall, or you can try some imaginative crowdfunding. A number of full or part low cost places are always available on every training. We wish to make this two day workshop available to everyone regardless of their financial means.
What course participants said about Transition; Launch
Ready to book?
The first step is to visit the Training Calendar(hyperlink) which gives details on specific courses. Each listing has it’s own contact person who will make the booking.
See the Training Calendar for details on upcoming LAUNCH courses. [hyperlink]
Image align centre < https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3B4YQruFUUXdzV2YkVRa09tdEU >credit Transición Sostenible); www.transicionsostenible.com