We currently offer two core courses that introduce and develop the idea of a Transition initiative:
In addition, we are road testing a course that addresses working effectively in groups, currently offered by trainer Nick Osborne, called Effective Groups.
If you are trying to choose between these courses, which description below best matches your situation?
- just getting started
- wondering how to bring visioning to your community
- needing inspiration
- looking for “Transition Basics”… what’s the right scale for a Transition Initiative, what works for others, etc
- interested in understanding “Climate Change Basics”?
- part of an established TI that is moving from the start-up phase into creating local resilience
- joining an existing TI and who are looking to gain useful skills and insights into their next steps in Transition
- working with or for local government
- looking for ways to sustain momentum
- from another environmental group but interested in gaining additional skills and insights into creating community resilience?
- losing the will to live in meetings
- feeling it would be easier to do it yourself
- frustrated and held back by others in your team
- afraid of conflict
- unhappy about power dynamics but unable to do anything about it
- convinced that working in groups shouldn’t be this hard?
Go to Effective Groups page.
We also teach a 1-day course, TALK, that enables participants to give a Transition presentation.
Ready for more? There's a 'Train the Trainers' course called Transition TRAIN.
There's one more course that's taking shape based on building local social enterprise. This is linked to our REconomy Project. Here's a definition of what a typical Transition enterprise might look like.