Inner Transition workshop
IN Inner Transition
There can be no ‘outer’ Transition without changes inside of us as well.
More and more of us seem to be realising that the success of Transition rests on us also addressing personal and inter-personal dimensions such as
- Group and power dynamics,
This workshop explores these inner dimensions of the shift to a future we really want.
What is Inner Transition?
The territory of “Inner Transition” is broad, powerful, fascinating and sometimes challenging to pin down, to explain or to organise. Inner Transition is an exploration of the processes and phenomena going on within ourselves that shape how we do Transition.
The nature of our relationship with our inner life determines how able we are to make the practical lifestyle changes needed for Transition – as well bringing precious depth, texture and meaning into our everyday lives.
If you are in a project that’s creating change towards a more sustainable, resilient, enjoyable and inclusive future and you want some time to look at the inner part of that process this workshop could be just right for you.
Equally, if you are on a path of inner exploration and are longing to find ways of engaging more in the world in a way that is congruent with your heart’s longing, then this workshop may be just what is needed.
Reclaiming Our Choice
This Inner Transition workshop will help us to better understand this
inner dimension of change – and how to integrate it into our groups and our own lives.
Together we will explore how to come more fully into choice so that our lifestyle choices and ways of relating, communicating and collaborating become more fully aligned and congruent with the culture and world our heart is longing for.
We will explore how to start catalysing this freedom within ourselves to act more and more from a heart place that is in deep connection with ourselves, others and the natural world – freeing ourselves from the stranglehold of patterns and tendencies that can feel so challenging to shift and which are causing ourselves, others and the natural world much pain, struggle and destruction.
Who is this workshop for?
- Involved in grassroots projects,
- On their own journey of change
- Within the Transition movement
To come together and create a safe space to explore questions such as:
- How can we best go about creating more vibrant, caring, connected and sustainable ways of living on this beautiful planet?
- What sort of culture best supports us to create this more vibrant, caring and sustainable world and how can we design our personal and collective cultures in this way?
- How does change happen?
- What supports and what hinders us to move away from our more unhelpful tendencies and ways of being in the world?
- What does a healthy collaborative group actually look and feel like and how can we make this transition? Learning from pioneering groups and models to support this shift away from hierarchy.
- Why do a lot of movements for change cause burnout, and how can we prevent and recover from it?
- How can we create collaborative networks of mutual support through these times?
- What has already been done to combine inner insight and processes with practical action to make a more resilient and effective project or movement? Sharing examples from Transition and other projects.
- What will support me to move more towards all this in my life and what steps feel manageable to take in my life right now?
What will the workshop involve?
The workshop includes a wide variety of activities – teaching, experiential work, a lot of discussion and sharing among participants, different structures which engage mind, body, feelings, as well as inviting our connection to a wider field of wisdom and possibility.
We will share and explore a range of theoretical frameworks, participatory activities and embodied work – both as a whole group and in small groups, pairs and on our own. Its lineage draws from a range of teachings including the Work that Reconnects, Process Work, body-based psychotherapy, Movement of Being, Social Alchemy, Shadow Work, NVC (non-violent communication), 8 Shields Institute, social permaculture and Cultural Emergence.
We take much care and pleasure in tailoring each workshop to meet the specific needs and interests of your group and/or community.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out more and/or invite us to share this workshop with your group, project and/or community or region.
Feedback from previous Inner Transition workshops:
“A wonderful mix of theory and practice, shared with wonderful people at a nice place”
“Sensitive and highly competent facilitation”
“Recharged my batteries”
“It gave me ideas on how to begin the inner transition process for myself, in my initiative and at the regional level”
“Helped me to better appreciate my relationships with other transition team members”
“Fantastic value at £40 plus donation”
“Although I have been concerned about sustainability and human survival issues since the 1970’s, I have always shied away from dealing with my own feelings about hunger, pain and loss… the course provided another more experiential way to look at these issues.”