Trust is the bedrock of successful groups and teams
According to Forbes magazine, a leading source for business advice, Trust is the most valuable commodity in the workplace.
Research into different aspects of the FTSE 100 companies’ operations, and found the best predictor of its success was the level of trust within the organisation.
As well as ensuring that we give equal space to our relationships and group process, as we do to delivering our tasks, there are a number of ways that we can actively develop trust within our groups:
- Cultivating CARE and COMPASSION for ourselves and each other;
- Learning how to COMMUNICATE COMPASSIONATELY;
- Expressing GRATITUDE and APPRECIATION for each other;
- BEING HONEST: Allowing everyone to know where they stand;
- Creating a healthy culture around OFFERING AND RECEIVING FEEDBACK;
- Exploring our relationships with POWER, making power dynamics visible and learning ways of sharing power;
- Learning to find PEACE IN CONFLICT so that we can embrace it rather than avoid it;
- Creating space to SHARING OUR FEELINGS – especially the uncomfortable ones that can be seen as negative and unwelcome; and
- Learning how to ASK FOR SUPPORT