Fantastic news: four projects from our network of wonderful Transitioners have made it to the Finals of the energyshare funding competition. They are 4 of just 19 projects left in the running for up to £100,000 funding and they have been selected from over 900 community energy groups, which is already an amazing achievement.
Even better news: these four projects are not competing against each other for funding! There are three categories of projects (Large, Medium, Small) and there is one Transition project in each of the first two categories (Large and Medium with one winner in each), and two in the Small category which will have two winners.
Funding will be awarded to the group with the most online votes in each category (top two in the ‘Small’ category). Voting closes at 5pm on Saturday 3 December. Anyone over 13 years of age with an email address can vote (please get parent/guardian permission if you are under 18). So if you wish to make your vote count, please go to http://www.energyshare.com/voting and vote!
The Transition projects are:
- in the ‘Large’ category – Hexham River Hydro (Transition Tynedale) http://www.energyshare.com/hrh/
- in the ‘Medium’ category – Portobello & Leith Community Wind Energy Project (PEDAL (Portobello Transition Town)) http://www.energyshare.com/portobello-leith-community-wind-energy-project/
- in the ‘Small’ category –
- Shrewsbury Hydro (Transition Town Shrewsbury) http://www.energyshare.com/shrewsbury-hydro/
- All Saints Wokingham (Transition Town Wokingham) http://www.energyshare.com/all-saints-wokingham/
Good luck to all the projects.