This is a handy guide for staff members (and others using the Transition Network google calendar) to help them use google calendar, which we are using to co-ordinate our activities.
1. Get into the calendar and getting your head around it
- When you are logged into google, you will see the black bar along the top of the screen. Click on Calendar.
- You will then see your various calendars listed in the left hand column beneath the month. This should be at least your personal one which comes with a google account, and the Transition Network team calendar to which you have been invited.
- Right click on the arrow next to the calendar you want to tinker with. The options available to you will come up in a pop-up box.
- My preference is to see only the ‘Display only this calendar’. I get confused otherwise.
2. See the options for the calendar by clicking on the arrow next to the calendar name
3. Add an event to the Transition Network calendar
- Title: simple, short and clear please!
- Dates and times
- Event details as suitable
- Calendar: choose the TN team calendar from the small dropdown! It’s easy to add it to another calendar by mistake!
- Event colour: choose from the funky boxes by hovering over the colour box to check it’s the right colour, then clicking on the suitable colour for:
- Green: Holidays, non-working days and other absences
- Blue: Board and staff meetings and other internal meetings relevant to the whole team
- Purple: Significant external events
Then click Save.
4. Check your event is in the calendar
You should see a confirmation box (in yellow there below the magnifying glass), and your event in the calendar.
Double check it’s in the right place and calendar! I know I’m banging on about it, but it’s confusing!