This document has now been superceded by our new support offer which can be found here.
Comprehensive document (1MB pdf) about embarking on a transition journey. This document is 50 pages in length, jampacked with sparkling nuggets of plagiarised brilliance and one exceedingly boring (but necessary) section. We've stopped updating it (Nov-2011) and the material is now either out of date or relocated elsewhere on this site.
Here's the contents of the primer:
- Why Transition initiatives are necessary
- More about Peak Oil
- Taking action: the big picture - initiatives at global, national and local levels
- The Transition Model – what exactly is it?
- Kinsale 2021 – an Energy Descent Action Plan
- Transition Town Totnes
- Other Transition initiatives
- Setting up your Transition Initiative – criteria
- Setting up your Transition Initiative – different types
- Setting up your Transition Initiative – formal structures and constitutions (boredom alert!!)
- Starting a Transition Initiative – 7 “buts”
- The 12 steps to Transition, including energy descent planning
- The wider context of Transition
- Questions of leadership and structure
- The role of local government
- Getting businesses involved
- Movies for raising awareness
- Transition Network
- Further Reading