Join us to share stories of the global pandemic now – its impacts, how we are responding and what it means for the transition we seek to support.
Two months ago we worked with the Transition Hubs Group to host two Connecting Transitions online calls as part of our response to the global pandemic. Around 140 people from 28 countries came together to pause, reflect and connect. We talked about how we were experiencing the pandemic, and how we and our communities were responding .
In such a short time much has changed, although most of us live with ongoing uncertainty about the impacts of the pandemic on us, our communities, and the world. We experienced something particularly powerful in connecting internationally, and we’d like to open up another space for people involved in Transition groups to make meaning together.
Our aims for this Connecting Transitions call are:
- To hear how the pandemic is affecting people and communities in our different parts of the world.
- To share experiences and information about the ways in which our groups and communities are responding to the pandemic and its immediate and long-term impacts.
- To consider what our role as Transitioners and Transition groups might be in these times, and the times and crises to come.
These are big aims for a relatively short call – but we hope the conversations will create sparks that might be carried back to your own groups and localities where they can be considered in more depth.
We will use English as our main working language for the session, but there will be options for smaller group conversations to happen in different languages and we will do our best to facilitate self-organised translation where needed. You can tell us about your language preference during registration.
Tuesday 9th June – click the link to find details of your timezone:
If this is your first time using Zoom:
- From a mobile device (Android smartphone/tablet, Apple iPhone/iPad) it will simply prompt you to download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from the App/Play Store.
- From a computer you will need to download a small application file. This process is easy to complete on all commonly used browsers.
We ask that you arrive on time, so that we can ground ourselves together, but feel free to stay for as much or as little time as you’re able.
We can host a maximum of 100 participants per session. If you’re no longer able to attend, please remember to cancel your registration.
We recommend that you use a headset, if possible, to improve sound quality on the call.