Adding your initiative’s event to this site
By Ed Mitchell 26th January 2011
Please add details about your initiative’s events to this site. Doing this will promote the events and help people to contact you. The events will appear in the community events section, and in local search results found by clicking on Transition Nearby. Please follow the steps below to be able to add your initiative’s events to the site.
NB: to add an ‘initiative event’, you need to have registered:
- Your initiative
1. You need to be a registered user:
If you are not yet registered, register on the registration page
2. Apply to be an initiative representative:
Email us with the information below:
- Your username
- Your initiative name
- Your initiative’s profile on this website
We will then give you the editing rights to add your initiative’s events.
3. Await a reply from the web team confirming your new status
We aim to provide a reply within two working days, all things being equal.
4. Login and click on your name in the top bar of the site – here it’s Test User1:
5. On your User Account page, click on ‘Create content’ (in the box on the right)
6.Choose ‘Initiative Event’ from the list
7. Add title, dates, timezone, initiative (an auto-complete field), and ‘mode’
8. Add location (very important), and tags (keywords – e.g. ‘food’)
9. You will be the ‘Primary point of contact’. Add a description of the event
10. Click ‘Save’ and hey presto there is your event
11. … And in the Community Events section of the Events Directory
12. Time for a cup of tea and a quick stretch to loosen up your back