This is an illustrated guide explaining how to add yourself to the Speakers and Facilitators directories. The example used here is for a speaker, but it is exactly the same for a facilitator (except that you tick ‘facilitator’ and not ‘speaker’).
It is now possible for us to generate a directory listing and map page of all those who identify themselves as speakers and/or facilitators in the Transition People Directory. If you have either of these skills, please add yourself – it’s a vital part of us all helping each other. You will need to be a registered user first, naturally.
We are very happy to introduce this functionality to the Transition website as it means that initiatives can support eachother by finding and researching and contacting facilitators and speakers using the directories rather than calling round to find people to help them out.
It is very easy to add yourself as a facilitator or speaker to the Speaker and Facilitator directories, and we ask that you are serious about it if you do. Initiatives who need a facilitator to help them out are not going to appreciate it if you aren’t one!
1. Here is the speakers map.
It is very quiet as we have not yet launched this feature. You can see speakers located geographically. If you click on one of the markers, you will see the name of the speaker with a link to their personal profile. Handy, no?
NB: you will not appear in the map unless you add your location into your Personal Profile.
2. It is also possible to see a straight ‘directory’ style list of the speakers too:
3. To add yourself to the speakers (and/or facilitators) directory:
- a. Click on your name in the top bar of the website (here called ‘Test User1’). This will take you to your profile editing pages.
- b. Click on ‘User Profile’ (just below ‘Edit’ and to the right of ‘Account’:
- c. Scroll down the ‘User profile’ editing page and find the ‘Involvement and interest with the Transition Network’ section
- d. In there you will see two tick boxes in ‘Roles I perform and skills I can share’ – Facilitator, and/or Speaker. Select which of these is suitable to you.
- e. In order to appear on the map, you will need to add your location in the location section if you haven’t already
- f. In order to appear at all, you must make your profile ‘public’ (naturally)
- e. SAVE! Scroll to the bottom of the editing page and CLICK SAVE! Really! That’s when it saves!
- f. Following SAVE you will return to your account page, with a confirmation message saying your profile has been updated.
- g. Now go back to the Speakers or Facilitators map and you will find yourself.
h. And you should be able to find yourself in the standard directory listing as well.
And that’s it. Hey Presto, ally kazzaaam, Bob’s your uncle, you are in the directory.