Tessy Britton and friends are the driving force behind the Travelling Pantry concept – a moving workshop for groups, communities and initiatives.
It sounds like fun and worth a read – here’s some of their blurb:
The Travelling Pantry would like to invite everyone in the Transition Network to request a *free* project development workshop.
The workshops will be aimed at helping stimulate new local projects and will be very helpful to any groups starting to develop new Transition initiatives and widen the scope of existing ones.
The workshops will draw together inspiration from existing new projects and new methodologies … as well as spreading traditional positive community building know-how.
What type of things are included in the workshops?
- Inspiration Talking about existing new projects and case studies.
- Creative Idea Generation What type of project could you make using a project co-design methodology?
- Strategic mapping Who could you develop your project within your local networks?
- Introduction to Social Media How to connect and communicate using social media.
- New meeting hosting methodologies How to have really productive and enjoyable events or meetings.
- Community building strategies Asset-based community development, including skills, spaces and material inventories.
The workshops are suitable for everybody, not just Transitioners; here is the range of folks they do their workshops with
- Transition Town Initiatives
- School groups
- Community groups
- Local societies
- Youth groups
- Pensioner’s Club
- Girl Guides
- Women’s institutes
- Citizenship groups
For more information and to request a free workshop, visit the Social Spaces website.