We are excited to announce that the first iteration of the Transition Facilitators Training is ready to launch.
What is it?
Transition Facilitators Training is a free, guided online course designed for existing and aspiring Transition Trainers. It will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to facilitate transformational learning journeys based on the unique approach to change-making developed by the international Transition Towns Movement.
By the end you will be in a position to offer Trainsition Training in your location. This will strenghten your local movements, lead to greater impact, and enable you to make Transition a more integral part of your professional life. It is also an essential foundation for further offerings that are making in future.
What will we cover?
- Key group facilitation skills and tools
- An overview of existing trainings you can teach
- Guidelines for developing additional offerings
- The pros and cons of in-person and online courses
- Best practices for organizing and marketing trainings
- How to participate in the Trainers Community of Practice
- The benefits of becoming a certified Trainer
- The history, principles, and practice of Transition
Each of the eight sessions will feature a 30-45 minute presentation recorded by a leading practitioner in the field, 1-2 hours of homework that will deepen your understanding of that week’s topic, and a 90-minute live Zoom meeting for you to ask questions of instructors, practice delivering training content, and receive feedback from your peers.
How to join?
This course is free of charge. We suggest that you:
- Check out the session dates and times to ensure you are available.
- Get to know the topics and instructors a little.
- Ask any remaining questions by sending an email to Don Hall who coordinates this offering.
- Create an account on the Learn Platform.
- Enrol for the course (towards the top of the page).