Project Sharing Engine January update
By Ed Mitchell 18th January 2012
Work on the Project Sharing Engine project has been progressing well since we got it moving last autumn.
We had a good early project launch meeting with the ‘alpha’ testing webmaster group, and have since been in the first design phase. We will build the ‘alpha’ product in February and March, for release to the webmasters taking part in the early trials in April for two months testing.
We like to do our tech building in the winter for release in the spring – there is a sense of seasonality about it that we like.
You can see the basic project timeline and roles in this blog post
Here is a list of the various blog posts and wiki pages of the ongoing activity:
Meetings and notes:
- Alpha webmasters meeting report: 01/11/11
- Pre-design meeting report: 01/12/11
- Sharing Engine design meeting 1: 06/12/11
- Sharing Engine design meeting 2: 21/12/11
- Sharing Engine design meeting 3: 11/01/12
- What is a ‘Transition project’? Definition
- Widget options (to go onto Transition Initiatives’ websites)
- Workflows for adding and moderating and editing project information
- For all your more geeky thoughts, have a look at the wiki where we are doing the work
- Our update for Nominet Trust our funders
Some cheerful photos:
‘Alpha’ webmasters group deep in thought at first group meeting:
‘Alpha’ group team photo at first group meeting: