This is a short step by step guide to registering on the site
You have two options:
- Just the newsletters (no site facilities)
- A profile on the website (site facilities incl. editing profiles, named comments, subscriptions, alerts, find others with similar interests etc.)
Just the newsletter thanks:
- Proceed directly to the homepage – look on the right hand side below the ‘quick links’ buttons, you will see the ‘Transition Network newsletter’ subscription.
- Add your email there and follow the instructions that will be sent to you. You can subscribe to our main monthly newsletter and there are others (our diversity newsletter is very good, too)
Oh go on, set me up with a Transition Network profile:
- Proceed directly to the registration page
- Add at least your first name and last name – this will automatically generate your username (which is ‘firstname lastname’). Unless it really, really hurts, please leave your username as it is. We are a real community and keenly encourage the use of real names.
- Add your email address and a password
- The rest of the personal information is voluntary, but all goes to making the site better for you and others, so please add as much or as little as you like. You will get more chance to edit this information later.
- Type out the fiddly little ‘captcha’ word to prove you aren’t a malingering internet boogah robot, click ‘create account’ and there you go.
You will then receive 2 emails requesting confirmation:
- Your newsletter subscription: click to confirm
- Your profile verification: click to confirm
We know this could be one confirmation email, but that’s the way our software drupal works, so we’re rolling with it and hope that’s OK by you.
Please note – in some email packages, the top confirmation link may be broken; it’s a bug we can’t control and are waiting for a fix. Scroll down the email and you will see the full confirmation link below.
Hey presto! Job done! You’re in.
Welcome to the family 🙂