Local United is a new group of climate change groups dedicated to sharing their experience of working on climate change issues at the community level as social enterprises. In their own words:
Local United brings together and supports community activists who are setting up social enterprises to address the challenges of peak oil and climate change. It aims to speed up the rate at which good ideas are adopted by community groups motivated to build low-carbon economies.
It’s all very good news. Their first piece of work has been to co-develop a series of excellent ‘diffusion packs’ to share their experience and knowledge in a variety of areas. We recommend them.
They have kindly shared these for us and we’ve put them in the resources section or you can visit the National Energy Foundation website.
Here’s the list:
- Energy Farms – Anaerobic Digestion
- Community-led Food Initiatives
- Energy Performance Energy Services Company
- Community-led Hydro Initiatives
- Sustainable Community Loan Fund
- Community-led Wind Power
- Community-led Re-use of Resources
- Community-led Transport Initiatives