Standard Transition Presentation for awareness raising
By Ben Brangwyn 10th June 2010
Here’s the presentation that I use for awareness raising events. It’s focussed somewhat on the UK, and also has lots about other places around the world.
I’ve refined itover many showings and it works well for me – and the audience, generally :¬)
Fully scripted (check out the “notes” for each slide), it can be adapted to most situations. I usually chop and change the slides, and rarely use all of them. Also, the scripts contain more information than I typically deliver, but you may find it useful back up info.
For those who find it quite tough to step up and present, take comfort that just about everyone goes through that phase, including me. The crucial thing is to practice first with some gentle critics and to expect your first one or two to be errmm, less than perfect. Oh yes, and don’t forget to smile!
- peak oil
- climate change
- economic contraction
- BAU (business as usual) not possible when you look at these three together
- potential future scenarios
- examples of what’s stopping us acting
- cultural stories that hinder our progress
- the transition model (7 buts, 12 ingredients)
- examples of activities that initiatives are working on
- positive engagement with government (local/regional/national)
You can slice and dice it to make it go from 20 minutes to an hour. Feel free to add your own flavorings and spices.
FYI, it’s pre-Pattern Language. It’s a Powerpoint, available as .ppt or .pptx