After much hiatus and technical mischief, we are all really really pleased that the Project Sharing Engine alpha widget is out and LIVE.
At this point it is only the ‘alpha’ testing webmasters who will be checking it. Here is their invite:
I’m delighted to say that the Project Sharing Engine alpha widget is ready to go into trial. And I’m delighted that you have agreed to trial it, and that now is the time.
Please can you find the time to add the widget to your local website in the next few days? It should take (honestly) no more than five minutes, ten minutes absolutely outside.
WHAT: we need you to do:
1. Add the widget to your website (see instructions below)
2. Email me – or this list – saying that you have installed it
3. Add a local project through it once you have installed it so you know how it works
4. Encourage others to use it by adding their own projects
5. Use the moderation system when projects are added
6. Promote it in your mailing lists, newsletters etc.
7. See how it goes. Keep notes on the process. Share them with me/this mailing list
We need to see it in as much use as possible. We need you to have projects to ‘moderate’ so we know if it works, for the next 4 weeks before we all meet to discuss its efficacy at the feedback meet-up (meeting details will follow).
If you are wondering ‘eh? what’s this? I can’t remember this?’, or ‘oh god not now, I can’t do this’ – PLEASE LET ME KNOW – then I will take you off the list and not approach you again in a week. But I will be chivvying everyone from now on 🙂
TIMINGS: The project plan is now on track:
1. Widget in testing: November
2. Group meeting: early December (week commencing 03/12)
3. Beta tech work: later in December (but well before Christmas so we can all relax)
4. Beta release: early Jan we hope (but quietly)
Here is a step by step outline for using it:
Read this email with silly cat picture:
All questions, please let me know, let’s GO!
And a silly cat picture as I’ve been away too long.