Website and development documentation
By Ed Mitchell 8th May 2013
This is an updated about the documentation work on the Transition Network site and development processes.
- The time and budget on the documentation has been used up
- We now have explored the various options and have an ‘on ramp’ for new developers
- We have documentation for website development process – most on one option with room in the others
- We have started the website documentation about CTs, theme, views etc.
- There are two main website documentation sections left: theme work and setting up a new section (both of which Ben is doing so he can help with that)
Overarching development page here
- Pre-made environment: didn’t work out so well with Mark, lots of time spent with not much result (as Laura before): will leave for someone keener/Jim to explore and expand
- Webserver on own workstation: up and running and documented
- Other web server: like #2 with tweaks: not complete but similar
- Using Aegir: explored. could be a a couple more hours to test depending on issues around SFTP
Overarching website documentation page here
Mostly done but always in need of more love:
- About the website more rounded than other sections – with some breakdowns of some of the key views
- Key view example
- Work standards
- About drupal
Other sections to do
5. Working on the theme
6. Creating new hubs on the TN.org site
Well done Mark Nielsen for wrestling the development processes into the daylight!