I’ve been doing some tidying up of the Transition Towns Youtube Channel and thought an update is in order. And a request for help.
The channel has been ‘between stools’ for some time, so in need of love, and following discussions about the importance of Story, and videos as ways of carrying Story, we’ve been looking into the best way to support video storytelling on the web and decided that a YouTube channel that connects all the initiatives is the way to go.
As with the rest of the web project work, the aim is to support the bottom up emergence of patterns and ideas and stories rather than dictate them from any one place, so the YouTube channel has the following settings:
- All videos you see on the channel are from initiatives/partners/friends that have been favourited (so they’re not ‘Transition Network’s)
- Favouriting decisions are made on the basis of the Editorial Policy
- All comments and friend requests are now forwarded to the web project email address so they will be received
- It’s a nice green colour with the latest ‘favourited’ film at the top
- We’d love to spend more time on YouTube, and Facebook, and Twitter, but can’t, so we’re very happy to share them with Transitioners. The Twitter account is shared, and we’re looking for others to share YouTube and Facebook
Do you like Story? Enjoy Films? Happy to spend some time in YouTube finding Transitioners’ videos and supporting them?
Please get in touch if you do – there’s a YouTube channel who would love you.