We are delighted to share Transition Network’s Trustees Report and Financial Statement for 2014. It captures beautifully the bredth and depth of what we have been up to. Some key achievements covered by this report, and our work in the rest of 2014, include:
- The collaborative and consultative development of our new Organisational Strategy.
- The launch of a new set of basic online support resources for Transitioners.
- Continued strengthening of the exciting network of National Hubs, national-level Transition organisations in 24 countries, including through seed-funding and a National Hubs meet-up in Copenhagen in September 2014.
- There is now a group of 11 National Hubs sharing knowledge and support as they develop REconomy Projects to support social enterprises based on sustainability and social justice to develop and thrive, and to help Transition initiatives work with local partners on local economic development based on natural resource limits and wellbeing.
- In the UK, a series of Transition roadshow events and regional REconomy Project events.
- Launching pilot work on community-supported investment for Transition-oriented enterprises, with Transition Town Totnes and Transition Town Brixton.
- The continuing success of our online Transition Launch training, making this training more accessible internationally.
- We have developed Monitoring and Evaluation indicators and methods for Transition initiatives, by working with Oxford University, Transition initiatives and Low Carbon Communities, that will be launched in the New Year.
All this work is helping meet the urgent need to encourage and support people and communities to take effective action to build the transition to a low-carbon, socially-just, healthier and happier future, which is more enriching and more gentle on the earth than the way most of us live today. We hope you find it a useful and inspiring insight into what we do all day, and look forward to sharing 2015’s even more inspirational Report with you.